Tennessee Hunting Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Although we've kept cows for quite some time now and been through a lot of calving, we are very excited about 2 calves in particular. These are the calves of my new Jersey heifers. Once these calves drop, I will be milking and making butter and cheese. Dolly and Blossom are both showing "signs" but since they are heifers, who knows how long it will be?

The black cow is Blossom. I couldn't get a good picture of Dolly to load, she could deliver any day. She's walking spraddle legged around her udder.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
We used to deal with cattle alot, but had to get out for the most part. We would show at the fairs around Middle Tn.

We keep a few now for beef, but other than that we don't mess with them. Blossom looks nice

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mostly we have done beef cows too. Right now we have 20 something black beef cows/calves/steers. I am more excited about Dolly and Blossom though, since they are more like pets. Still no calves.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Probably start our milking routine on Saturday. That is a nice little Jersey bull. We were hoping for a heifer, but this one is pretty cute too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts